- We believe the Bible to be our final authority for faith and practice.
- We believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that acceptance to heaven come acknowledging our sins, confessing them before God, and believing in the sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ and asking Him to be the Lord and Savior of your life.
- We believe service to Christ merits excellence in everything we do.
- We believe both corporate and individual encounters with God are vital.
- We believe all people have worth and value to God and therefore to us.
- We believe in the development of our God-given gifts and talents for service to Jesus Christ.
- We believe the family is God’s primary unity for ministry, and the family should be nurtured.
- We believe in manifesting the love and grace of Christ in practical ways in the community and throughout the world.
- We believe that it is God’s will that every believer grows to a maturity in Christ.
- We believe in the submission to and active support of godly leadership.
- We believe in practicing wise stewardship of God’s resources.
- We believe that God has called us to be people of prayer.
- We believe in encouraging a prayer-guided faith that is will to take bold risks.
- We believe that leaders are accountable first to God and then to the people they serve.
- We believe God honors a spirit of humility, integrity, and Christlike character in all areas of service.
Why Be Baptized?
- To follow Christ’s example. (Mark 1:9)
- Because Christ Commanded it.(Matthew 28:19-20)
- Because it shows you are a believer and it is obeying Christ’s command showing you know Him. (Acts 18:8; I John 2:3)
The Meaning of Baptism
- It is a symbol of Jesus Christ’s burial and resurrection and a symbol of your new life as a Christian. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:17)
- Baptism does not make you a believer; it shows you already are one! (Matthew 28:19-20)
How Are We to be Baptized?
- Like Jesus Christ and every baptism in the Bible was baptized-by immersion in water. (Matthew 3:16; Acts 8:38-39)
- The word “Baptize” literally means “to dip underwater”. The Greek word “baptizo” means “to immerse or dip under water”.
- The immersing under the water symbolized the fact that our sins have been completely washed away, and when we come up out of the water it is a picture of the fact that we have been resurrected to a new life with Jesus Christ.
Who Should be Baptized?
- Every person who has made the decision to believe in Jesus Christ should be baptized. (Acts 2:41; Acts 8:12-13)
- The one requirement for baptism is belief in Christ! We do not baptize children until they are old enough to understand and believe.
When are we to be Baptized?
- As soon as you have believed! You should not delay. (Acts 2:41; Acts 8:36-39)
- As soon as a person decides to believe in Christ, he can and should be baptized.